Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bruce on the loose

It's been almost two decades since Die Hard blasted into the action-movie stratosphere, rocketing Bruce Willis into big-screen orbit and launching a franchise that has grossed nearly $1 billion worldwide. In Live Free or Die Hard, which hits theatres in late June, Willis plays John McClane for the fourth time.

And if all this excitement is tempting you, like it did me, to pick up a copy of this month's Vanity Fair, the one with Bruce on the cover, let me spare you the £4.50 by revealing here first the two best quotes from his interview:

1. "I am for stopping world aggression. And sometimes that takes punching guys in the face. And keep punching 'em until they don't get up anymore. So the president didn't say the right thing. Who cares? Politicians misspeak and make mistakes all the fucking time. He said the war was about weapons of mass destruction. But because they didn't find all of them, it was bullshit? Not really. They know for a fact that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, chemical-gas agents. They could be buried somewhere in the desert. He could have moved them, overnight, across the border, into Syria — and we can't go into Syria."

2. "Have you heard anything useful come out of an actor's mouth lately?"

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And another great Bruce moment here:
""I'm sick of answering this fucking question. I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop shitting on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of... every year. I want them to be fiscally responsible and I want these fucking lobbyists out of Washington. Do that and I'll say I'm a Republican... I hate the government, OK? I'm a-political. Write that down. I'm not a Republican. "

1:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is such a fucking dumb dochebag.

He offered money recently to a person who would find Osama.

1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Willis proves he's an idiot each passing week! Get back to drinking Bruce!

1:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Bruce! Didnt really pay attention to him in his early career. Smart man! Great views!I love the humanity of his rage! Go Bruce!

1:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually being a Republican makes you stupid. Or is it the other way around - being stupid makes you Republican?

Exhibit A: George W. Bush

1:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you think Republicans are fucking up the country, but what the hell does that have to do with Bruce Willis??? How can you say he's a liar? It's stupid to generalize. Just because he has some conservative points of view, it doesn't mean he's a republican. Even if he was, what the fuck does it matter? Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs; it doesn't make them stupid!

1:20 pm  
Blogger *snake*bite* said...

Ummm??

Is he up for the next Miss World?

xXx

1:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant CS!

What an arse it's such a shame he has been in about every movie put out this past year.

1:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a moron.

2:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one, CS. He's clearly from the 'to eliminate violence, we should kill everyone' school of Saving the World. Not to mention a prize berk.

3:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actors by and large are idiots without an opinion to stand on.

4:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good find CS puts me off going to that film now I think.

4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home