Wednesday, January 24, 2007

You BOOB!

It is not everyday that I revel in wreaking chaos and destruction upon the planet. Unless, of course, my actions involve a cheap flight to New York for the weekend and a chance to snub my nose at what is fast becoming my latest pet peeve: Carb counting. Yes, that is right today is carbon judgement day (does anybody else think today's snow is mockery from on High?) and I will be flying the friendly BA sale season skies because it's cheap and therefore I can. Precisely the inverse reasons that I don't buy organic food - because it is expensive and I can't. Until Tesco lowers their prices to force me to choose organic sirloin over ground beef, I don't see my shopping habits changing. Surely the solution is that simple?

I know you eco-geeks are out there waving your green thumbs at me. Dare I say you are the new breed of middle-class WAGS, but shall we call you BOOBS (Buy Organic or Bust Shoppers?). And don't deny your pulling power. The U.S. political system is chasing the Oprah voter, and the U.K. the Waitrose voter. Who is standing for the Thresher voter is what I want to know?

But even I can admit that sometimes an eco-friendly concept comes along that doesn't smell of a drab, musty health food shop. And so I will aim to offset my conscience (sorry consumption, cause and effect are so easily confused) by sharing with you news of an exciting way to buy stylish reuse furniture and household items. Inspired from Europe, where recycling is big business - Morph adapts second hand furniture into new, unique items. Helping young people back into work by employing them to collect unwanted sofas, tables and chairs - one man's trash another man's treasure, sort of thing - they refurbish and sell them on offering edgier interior design and a new patch of 'green' in London's urban scene.

To read a BBC report on Morph click here.

Morph
North London: 19-23 Kingsland Rd, E2 - 020 7168 2531
South London: 93 Camberwell St Rd, SE5 - 020 7737 7475

Speak tomorrow from New York City.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see Morph morphing my flat! Thanks Slicky

1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I challenge anyone to buy that purple sofa...go on, yuo know you want. And the price can't be beat £0. You get what you pay for?

1:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Threshers voter!! - LOL :-)

Cool link to Morph. Will have detailed look later.

1:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip CS!

1:24 pm  
Blogger Steve On Broadway (SOB) said...

Relish the journey. Here's hoping you get to take in a great show, too.

3:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip CS
Bet you wont miss Tesco.
Love the blog BTW

5:10 pm  
Blogger Pants said...

Please try the wonderful Abel and Cole - I love them. They have endless patience with my swede phobia.

1:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe flight darling

5:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Gordon Ramsey hello from Micha in Peckham. He will remember me but I do hear his restaurant efforts are a flop by the way.

5:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOB - are u not going to take oit miss CS while she is in your toon?

6:37 am  
Blogger marmaladya.com said...

I am a BOOB :(

10:15 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Threshers voter, he he . Enjoy NY. If you could grab some melatonin I 'd be dead grateful and happy to swap for Threshers-comestibles...

10:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a BOOB too but am so middle class it hurts. I actually LIKE David Cameron.

1:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my first visit to City Slicker blog and am loving it. From your new Mancunian fan. Jessie

2:54 pm  
Blogger Dientudong said...

This is really radical for the NAACP! The logic certainly does exist to support their involvement and pro-stance.I am anxious to see what type of response this is going to receive.
custom g shock watches
badoo

5:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home